Oct. 7, 2014
HARRISBURG – “A Holiday to Remember” will be the theme of the 2014 Harrisburg Holiday Parade that will feature marching groups, music and a “Mystery Santa” to kick off the season at noon Saturday, Nov. 22.
Harrisburg Police Chief Thomas Carter and members of the police department’s “Junior Cadets” will serve as Grand Marshalls.
The Holiday Parade is being organized as a collaboration between the City of Harrisburg’s Arts, Culture and Tourism Department, the Downtown Improvement District (DID) and the Irish Heritage Society of Central Pennsylvania.
Marching groups representing charitable and social organizations from throughout the region will participate in the parade that will form on City Island and proceed for two miles along the following route:
- Market Street to Second Street
- Second Street to North Street
- North Street to Front Street
- Front Street to Market Street
- Market Street Bridge to City Island
Confirmed participants for 2014 include:
- Harrisburg Senators
- American Legion Riders Chapter 730
- Zembo Shrine Units ( Mounted Color Guard, Mini cars, Sports Cars, Motorcycles and Clowns)
- Clown Around Town ( Juggling Clown on stilts)
- 3 Mile Island Scooter Club
- High School Bands (Central Dauphin, Lower Dauphin, Harrisburg High, Shippensburg , Central Dauphin East)…
- Local Media ( WHTM ABC 27, CBS21, WGAL 8, WINK 104, Etc)
- Vietnam Vets chapter 542
- Pa Fire Museum
- River Rescue
- New Cumberland River Rescue
- Local Fire Depts ( Paxtang, Linglestown…)
- Local EMS Units
- Dauphin Count Prison Color Guard
To sign up as a participant in the parade, contact R.D. “Bullit” Martindill, Parade Director, email: email@example.com or 717.226.3052.
Corporations interested in helping to sponsor the parade should contact Catherine Stetler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717 255 3058.
Information is also available at the city’s website at www.harrisburgpa.gov.
##Leave a reply