The Bureau of Communications manages internal and external communications for the City of Harrisburg. During emergencies, the Communications Manager provides vital information for public safety, working in coordination with emergency management officials to ensure the community is well informed and updated on events.
The Bureau of Communications is responsible for external and internal communications and marketing for the City of Harrisburg. The Communications Manager and the Communications Assistant respond to media requests, as well as those from city residents and the general public. During emergencies, the Communications Manager provides vital information on public safety, working with emergency management officials to keep the community informed.
The Bureau of Communications uses a variety of tools and platforms to communicate with the public, holding press conferences, issuing press releases, as well as posting information in social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Next Door, and on the city’s official website — www.harrisburgpa.gov.
The Bureau of Communications includes the following divisions:
- WHBG-TV Channel 20, the government access station
- The 311 Helpdesk system, which enables community services support to receive, forward, process, and respond to citizen service requests
The Bureau of Communications include:
- Momin Bhatti, Communications Manager
- Syeda Tayyeba, Communications Assistant & Graphic Design Specialist
- Cliff Neill, WHBG-TV Production Technician
- Maria Negron-Torres, 311 receptionist
- Todd Abromitis Jr., 311 receptionist
Frequently Asked Questions
I have a media inquiry. Who do I contact to receive information?
Please contact Momin Bhatti, Communications Manager, at [email protected]
How can I send a request to the City webmaster to add or revise something on the website?
Please submit a support ticket here.