The Bureau of Communications manages internal and external communications for the City of Harrisburg. During emergencies, the Communications Manager provides vital information for public safety, working in coordination with emergency management officials to ensure the community is well informed and updated on events.
The Bureau of Communications is responsible for external and internal communications and marketing for the City of Harrisburg. The Communications Manager and the Communications Assistant respond to media requests, as well as those from city residents and the general public. During emergencies, the Communications Manager provides vital information on public safety, working with emergency management officials to keep the community informed.
The Bureau of Communications uses a variety of tools and platforms to communicate with the public, holding press conferences, issuing press releases, as well as posting information in social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Next Door, and on the city’s official website — www.harrisburgpa.gov.
The Bureau of Communications includes the following divisions:
- WHBG Channel 20, the government public access station
- The 311 Helpdesk system, which enables community services support to receive, forward, process, and respond to citizen service requests
- The official website for the City of Harrisburg — Harrisburgpa.gov.
The Bureau of Communications include:
- Momin Bhatti, Communications Manager
- Syeda Tayyeba, Communications Assistant & Graphic Design Specialist
- Clifford, Neill, WHBG Channel Production Assistant
- Maria Negron-Torres, 311 receptionist
- Todd Abromitis, 311 receptionist
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I advertise my business on WHBG 20 or underwrite a program?
I have a media inquiry. Who do I contact to receive information?
How can I send a request to the City webmaster to add or revise something on the website?
Please submit a support ticket here.