At HHA we are committed to providing good quality housing to our 724 Housing Choice Voucher holders and 1,324 Low income public housing families.
Our mission is to be a “Best in Class” Agency, Provide affordable quality housing, Work unyieldingly towards improving the quality of life for our resident, Aggressively focus on programming for individual and family self-sufficiency, Develop and maximize assets and resources for the benefit of our business interest Affirmatively promote fair housing.
The HHA’s public housing program is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- To provide improved living conditions for very low and low income families while maintaining their rent payments at an affordable level;
- To operate a socially and fiscally sound public housing agency that provides drug-free, decent, safe and sanitary housing with a suitable living environment for residents and their families;
- To lawfully deny the admission of applicants, or the continued occupancy of residents whose habits and practices reasonably may be expected to:
- Adversely affect the health, safety, comfort or welfare of other residents;
- Adversely affect the physical environment of the neighborhood; or
- Create a danger to HHA employees or other persons.