Our annual Kipona celebration is the largest special event for the city each year attracting well over 55,000 people during Labor Day weekend on September 2-4. The festival features more than 40 food vendors, 2 live music stages with 30 bands and live DJ entertainment, Artists Village, Biergarten, Midtown Cinema screening tent, Native American Pow Wow, wirewalkers, Festival of India, canoe races, fireworks, crab cake eating contest, street soccer, children’s festival with theatre stage, bounce house, face painting and more.
New attractions at this year’s festival include a Zipline (free on Sunday only), Guinness Book of World Record attempt at the longest distance walked on a tight wire in high heels (Saturday at noon), Rubber Duck race in the Susquehanna River to benefit Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, Doggie Rest Stop with water/dog bones, adoption information, vaccine clinic, dog products and educational sessions.
FESTIVAL HOURS ARE:
- 11am – 8pm on Saturday & Sunday and
- 11am – 7pm on Monday.
- Fireworks will be held on Sunday, September 3 at 8:15pm.
- Street parking will be free on Sunday & Monday
- Parking will be $4 on City Island
- All day event parking from 10am – 10pm will be $10 in the Market Square garage
- 4 hours of free parking on Saturday using the LUVHBG code