March 13, 2017 Harrisburg, PA – Mayor Eric Papenfuse declared a snow emergency beginning at 6 p.m. Monday, March 13, 2017 and is scheduled to end at 6 a.m. Wednesday, March 15. The emergency may be lengthened if snow totals exceed expectation.
The MLK City Government Center will be closed on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 for all non-essential personnel. The city liberal leave policy will be in effect for Wednesday, March 15, 2017.
Residents are advised to obey all street signs and remove their cars from designated snow emergency routes. These include:
1. Division Street: Front Street to 7th Street
2. 2nd Street: Paxton Street to Division Street
3. Maclay Street: Front Street to 7th Street
4. 7th Street: Division Street to Fisher Plaza Street
5. Walnut Street: Fisher Plaza* to Front Street
6. Paxton Street: Cameron to City/Swatara Township Line**
7. Derry Street: Mulberry Street Bridge to City/Paxtang Line**
8. Market Street: Cameron Street to 25th Street
9. State Street: Fisher Plaza to City/Susquehanna Township Line**
10. Herr Street: Cameron Street to City/Susquehanna Township Line**
11. 17th Street: Sycamore Street to Arsenal Boulevard
12. 25th Street: Market Street to Rudy Road to 29th Street**
13. 13th Street: State Street to Paxton Street
SP Plus is allowing city residents to park for free in the Locust Street Parking Garage beginning at 6 p.m. Monday, March 13 to 8 a.m. Wednesday, March 15. Residents will not need to take a ticket but may be asked to show I.D.
Special parking will be available to residents on Penn and Zarker Streets. Penn Street residents can park in the Locust Street Parking Garage, HACC Midtown parking lot #5, the Fire Museum or City Island. Zarker Street residents can park in the Locust Street Parking Garage, the Old Hamilton Health Center parking lot on Walnut Street behind the School District Administration Building, the Tiny Fingers Tiny Toes Daycare parking lot at 2023 Market Street and City Island.
Sanitation services will be suspended on Tuesday, March 14 and Wednesday, March 15. Services will be delayed for all city residents by two days.
For more information, contact Janelle Walker, Social Media and Website Content Manager at 717-255-3033 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Leave a reply →