Students from Steelton High and other schools in the greater Harrisburg area will lead the third regional Youth Town Hall on Violence at 6 p.m. Thursday, April 21, 2016 in the auditorium of Steelton-Highspire High School, Swatara Street and Reynders Avenue, Steelton.
Moderators are Keontay Hodge, Steelton Borough councilwoman and Cole Davis Goodman, a student at Penn State Harrisburg and board member of Susquehanna Township School Board.
Panelists will include:
- Ilaynna Brown, 18, senior, Steelton-Highspire
- Kyle Hooks, 18, senior, Steelton-Highspire
- Nicholas Neidlinger, 15, sophomore, Steetlon-Highspire
- Lameek Baker, 17, junior, Steelton-Highspire
- Serenity Vidot, ? , home-schooler
- Michael Lopez, 13, Marshall Math & Science
Students are expected to address issues involving guns, drugs, the psychology of violence and youth relations with police and authority. Moderators will take questions and comments from youth in the audience.
Harrisburg Mayor Eric Papenfuse and Chief Thomas Carter collaborated with officials from Harrisburg and Susquehanna Township officials to organize the first two Youth Town Halls on Violence. Acting Steelton-Highspire School Superintendent Travis Waters and board member Natashia Woods have led the collaboration for the third town hall in Steelton-Highspire.Leave a reply →