The City of Harrisburg is accepting resumes for the position of Project Manager in the Bureau of Parks, Recreation and Facilities. This contracted, grant-funded position will implement an approved Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and related activities; prepare reports and documentation to substantiate compliance of activities with federal and state regulations; and will be responsible for a wide range of activities related to the planning, design and construction of one or more of the City of Harrisburg’s Park projects. This management position is responsible for the administration, management, and monitoring of specific projects funded through the CDBG-CV grant. The City of Harrisburg, Bureau of Parks, Recreation and Facilities is looking for two experienced, highly motivated project managers. This is a great opportunity to further your career by overseeing more than $13 million dollars in grant funded parks development projects and gaining experience in the Community Development Block Grant program. These positions are temporary grant funded positions with the possibility of permanent employment. These individuals will report to the Senior Project Manager in the Department of Parks, Recreation and Facilities or his/her designee. The Project Manager specializes in one or more of the following areas: Grant Management, Community Development, or Case Management. This is a management, grant funded, FLSA-exempt position.
GRANT FUNDED POSITION
This contract position will be funded by a grant with a salary between $55,000.00 and $60,000.00.
If interested, please submit your resume to:
City of Harrisburg, Bureau of Human Resources
The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. City Government Center
10 N. 2nd Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101
Phone: (717) 255-6475
Email: [email protected]
The City of Harrisburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wanda R. D. Williams, Mayor
CDBG Project Manager
Department of Parks, Recreation and Facilities (Temporary-Grant Funded)
The Project Manager will implement an approved Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and related activities; prepare reports and documentation to substantiate compliance of activities with federal and state regulations; and will be responsible for a wide range of activities related to the planning, design and construction of one or more of the City of Harrisburg’s Park projects. This management position is responsible for the administration, management, and monitoring of specific projects funded through the CDBG-CV grant. This individual reports to the Senior Project Manager in the Department of Parks, Recreation and Facilities or his/her designee. The Project Manager specializes in one or more of the following areas: Grant Management, Community Development, or Case Management. This is a management, grant funded, FLSA-exempt position.
Work is performed out of the Public Safety Building at 123 Walnut Street in Harrisburg. Fieldwork is required within the City of Harrisburg. Work involves the use of various machines such as a personal computer, scanner and printer, copy machine, telephone and other technological devices as necessary or required. Duties are typically performed weekdays from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.; however, some travel to conferences and meetings outside the City is required. Some evening or weekend work may be required.
Work involves, but is not limited to, the following:
- Coordinates essential components of funded activities.
- Performs contract administration and monitors contractors and recipients of grant project funds to ensure compliance with all budget, contract, regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Collects and maintains all required records and prepares reports and closeout activities.
- Conducts park and recreational needs assessments.
- Interfaces directly with managers, employees, vendors and the public to clearly define project requirements and specifications.
- Develops statements of work to solicit design and construction vendors.
- Works with design consultants to design the facility, including conducting extensive outreach to the public to obtain feedback.
- Monitors construction to ensure the finished project meets specifications, grant requirements and is completed on time and within budget.
- Assures effective communication among consultants, contractors, department heads and other stakeholders.
- Conducts field inspections to collect data, verify existing/actual conditions and monitor conformance with plans/specifications.
- Assists with the administration of the public bid process and recommends action on design and construction contracts.
- Maintains regular, punctual, and predictable attendance. Reports to work and remains at work in a safe and productive condition which includes not being under the influence or impaired by the use of alcohol and/or drugs.
Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Community Development Block Grant funding protocols preferred
- Working knowledge of the public bid process and the principles of contract administration.
- Ability to organize, set priorities and exercise sound independent judgment within areas of responsibility.
- Ability to listen attentively and communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing and prepare clear, concise and comprehensive reports and other written materials.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of grant management, public procurement, and project and contract management.
- Ability to maintain detailed records.
- Ability to extract and analyze data for reporting purposes.
- Ability to exercise discretion and utilize sound judgment with project participants.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with individuals, businesses, non-profit organizations and federal, state and municipal government representatives.
- Ability to anticipate and meet project schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to identify administrative or operational deficiencies and make recommendations for changes to Senior Project Manager.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public or business administration, community development or related field and four (4) years of progressively responsible experience working in the private sector or as a public official in administration of state and/or federal grants. Any other equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will also be considered. Must possess a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License, Class C.
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.harrisburgpa.gov.