The City of Harrisburg is seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of Technical Services Supervisor. This is a management position responsible for supervising and overseeing the operations and non-uniformed personnel of the Bureau of Police, Technical Services Division. Responsible for the scheduling, supervision and training of non-sworn personnel in a manner which is responsive to the needs of the Bureau of Police. Must be able to adapt to changes in existing laws, standards and Bureau policies and procedures. Work in this position is performed under the general supervision and reports directly to the Captain of the Technical Services Division. This is a management, FLSA-exempt position.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The City of Harrisburg offers a salary range of $50,000.00 – $55,000.00. This full time FLSA position also includes an excellent benefits package: defined pension plan, paid holidays, paid time off (vacation, sick and personal time) and health care benefits (medical, dental, prescription and vision).
The City intends to fill this position as soon as possible. It will remain open until filled. If interested, please submit a cover letter, your resume, three employment references and salary history to:
City of Harrisburg, Bureau of Human Resources
The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. City Government Center
10 N. 2nd Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101
Phone: (717) 255-6475
Email: [email protected] (electronic submission preferred)
The City of Harrisburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wanda R.D. Williams, Mayor
JOB TITLE: Grade: M-10
TECHNICAL SERVICES SUPERVISOR
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY – BUREAU OF POLICE – TECHNICAL SERVICES DIVISION
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
This is a management position responsible for supervising and overseeing the operations and non-uniformed personnel of the Bureau of Police, Technical Services Division. Responsible for the scheduling, supervision and training of non-sworn personnel in a manner which is responsive to the needs of the Bureau of Police. Must be able to adapt to changes in existing laws, standards and Bureau policies and procedures. Work in this position is performed under the general supervision and reports directly to the Captain of the Technical Services Division. This is a management, FLSA-exempt position.
Work is performed within the McCormick Public Services Center, at Community Policing Centers or in the field. Work involves the use of a variety of equipment/machines such as a motor vehicle, computer, scanner and printer, copiers, fax machine, telephone, console/portable/mobile radio ticket-writing equipment and other technology and software as required. Duties are typically performed on weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; however, some evenings, weekends and holiday work may be required.
This management position is responsible for the overall customer service, of the parking enforcement and records center aspects of the Technical Services Division. Supervises daily routines conducted by non-uniform personnel. Ensures that work productivity is in accordance with policies and procedures. Prepares disciplinary actions when needed. Interacts with the public. Responds to received complaints, investigating and resolving issues and conflicts by providing a resolution. Represents the Administration at District Justice and Dauphin County Court hearings, as needed, on disputed parking tickets. Creates and prepares operational reports as required. Attends City Council meetings and other internal meetings, as required. Prepares payroll ensuring correct timesheet entries and resolving payroll issues. Ensures all equipment is properly serviced and maintained. Performs Records Center functions during periods when the Records Center is not fully staffed; trains and evaluates new employees; completes special assignments as directed. Assists with communication and services to the Law Bureau, and handles ALL request of information as it pertains to Right-to-Know requests (internal/external). Assists with communication and services between the Bureau, and the City’s Information and Technology Department, as well as the County’s Information and Technology Department. Manages the JNET program for the Bureau of Police: Manage Users, update certificates, conduct audits and investigates misuse complaints. Maintains regular, punctual and predictable attendance. Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with co-workers and the general public. Completes all assignments in an efficient, consistent and timely manner. Reports to work and remains at work in a productive condition which includes not being under the influence or impaired by the use of alcohol and/or drugs.
Performs other job assignments as assigned or required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of general clerical, bookkeeping, office procedures and practices.
- Ability to oversee and maintain a progressive computer database for parking tickets.
- Thorough knowledge of JNET and Net Viewer computer systems operations and validation/audit/investigation mandates.
- Thorough knowledge of PennDOT Computer System operations.
- Thorough knowledge of METRO applications.
- Thorough knowledge of the City’s Parking Ordinances and Pennsylvania’s Motor Vehicle Code.
- Thorough knowledge of Right-to-Know and Criminal History Records Information Act.
- Thorough knowledge of EEOC guidelines relating to records and parking functions.
- Thorough knowledge of effective supervisory principles and practices and demonstrates an ability to effectively plan, supervise and evaluate the work of subordinates.
- Ability to supervise and appropriately discipline subordinate employees, when necessary.
- Ability to understand and effectively utilize City policies and the AFSCME Basic Labor Agreement.
- Excellent personal computer skills in a Windows operating system environment utilizing Microsoft Office Suite.
- Thorough knowledge of basic office software programs including Word and Excel.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to develop work schedules.
- Ability to remain calm under heavy work load and emergency situations.
- Ability to use a high degree of tact and diplomacy when dealing with the public.
- Ability to exercise discretion, use sound judgment and act in a professional and courteous manner with supervisors, peers, subordinates and the general public.
Associates Degree in Criminal Justice, Public Administration or Business Administration from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of law enforcement experience, training, or education. At least two years supervisory or in a leadership role with experience in an emergency service or customer service setting or any acceptable equivalent combination of training and/or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Possession of a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License, Class C.
To apply for this job please visit laserfiche.harrisburgpa.gov.