The City of Harrisburg presents the M&T Bank Ice & Fire Festival on Saturday, March 4, 2023. The event will feature large and small ice sculptures throughout the City in locations such as City Island, Downtown, Italian Lake, Midtown, Reservoir Park and Shipoke starting at 11am. There will also be a street festival in the Downtown area from 11am-8pm featuring an ice slide, fire dancers, live ice carving, fire pits and smores, performances by local school and community groups, food trucks, vendors, drink specials and more. Check back for all event activities as they are announced.
CHECK BACK IN JANUARY FOR THE COMPLETE 2023 EVENT SCHEDULE
Saturday, March 4, 2023
- 11am-9pm: View dozens of ice sculptures throughout the City. Sculptures will be illuminated from 7-9pm.
- DOWNTOWN – 2nd Street from Market to State Streets, Market Street from 2nd to 4th Streets & SoMa
- CITY ISLAND
- ITALIAN LAKE
- MIDTOWN – 3rd Street from Forster to Reily
- RESERVOIR PARK– near the bandshell on Reservoir Dr
- SHIPOKE– along Riverfront Park near Conoy & Tuscarora Streets
- 11am-8pm: Downtown street festival featuring an ice slide, fire dancers, live ice carving, fire pits and smores, performances by local school and community groups, free kids activities, food trucks, vendors, DIY glass icicle workshops and more.
- All Day: Drink specials from participating locations throughout the City. View all specials and hours of participating businesses in the program guide when available.
- Various time throughout the day: Local businesses across the City will offer a variety of activities, such as crafts, horse drawn carriage rides, live ice carvings and more. View all details in the program guide.
Plan Your Visit
Downtown – Street parking is free after 5pm on Saturday in the Downtown area (see map here) and free all day on Sunday. Get 4 hours of free Downtown street parking using the code LUVHBG on the Parkmobile app. A discounted $10 daily rate is available at the Market Square Garage courtesy of Park Harrisburg on March 5. The River Street, Walnut Street and Chestnut Street garages will also be available (standard rates apply).
City Island – Free parking is available.
Midtown – Free parking at the Greenworks Development parking lots #2 and #4 at Reily and Logan St. Free 2 hour parking in the parking lots at Fulton and Verbeke St. Metered street parking is available.
Italian Lake – Street parking is available
Reservoir Park – Free parking in the parking lot off of Reservoir Dr.
Shipoke – Metered street parking available.
The train station is located Downtown with easy access to ice sculptures, restaurants and more. Bus stops are located throughout all neighborhoods. View the bus schedule.
EXPLORE THE CITY:
Find all the best restaurants, shopping, family fun activities, entertainment and places to stay at www.explorehbg.com
Ice Sculpture Scavenger Hunt
Participate in the Ice & Fire Festival Scavenger Hunt Contest during the event for the chance to win gift cards from City of Harrisburg businesses. Follow these steps to participate and read the full contest rules here.
- Scan the QR code on the ice sculpture sign using your mobile device’s camera. You will be directed to an online form.
- Enter your email on the form. Each ice sculpture = one entry, but you must visit AT LEAST 10 ice sculptures to be eligible to win. The more you visit, the better your chances of winning!
- Two winners will be randomly selected to win gift cards to City of Harrisburg businesses. All entrants will be notified by email on Tuesday, March 8.
*If you do not have a mobile device capable of scanning a QR code, you may submit a photo of each ice sculpture you visit via Facebook Messenger to @CityofHBG
The City of Harrisburg relies on community partners to produce the Ice & Fire Festival. Sponsors receive extensive media coverage, on-site promotion, promotional listings on billboards and marketing materials, guest speaker opportunities and much more. Please contact Cortney Ranck-Cameron at 717-255-3033 or [email protected] for more information about sponsorship opportunities.
CHECK BACK IN NOVEMBER FOR THE 2023 APPLICATIONS
An art vendor sells items they have personally handcrafted such as pottery, jewelry, glass, fibers, bath & body, leather, wood and more. Applications are due Friday, January 6.
A food vendor has a food truck, concessions trailer or tent set-up and/or prepares food on-site that is meant to be consumed at the festival. Applications are due Friday, December 23.
A specialty food vendor has a tent set-up and/or sells pre-made, pre-packaged food that is not meant to be consumed at the festival. Applications are due Friday, January 6.
A product vendor is a business that wishes to sell items and/or disburse information about their products or services. Applications are due Friday, January 6.
A non-profit vendor is a registered non-profit organization that wishes to sell items and/or disburse information about their services. Applications are due Friday, January 6.