On Saturday, July 4, 2020, the City of Harrisburg will host the July 4th Food Trucks & Fireworks on City Island. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we unfortunately cannot hold our typical Independence Day Celebration along Riverfront Park. However, we have found a way for everyone to enjoy some of their favorite festival food and activities safely. Food trucks will have ample space for line formation with marks 6-ft apart to ensure attendees practice social distancing while waiting in line. Attendees are encouraged to take their food home or spread out along the parks with chairs and blankets from home. There will also be online performances from local bands and virtual kids activities for everyone to enjoy from home. Fireworks will be held at 9:15pm and can be viewed from miles of space along the East and West Shore. Social distancing practices should be followed while enjoying all activities.
Please join us in following these responsible health safety practices:
- Practice Social Distancing
- There will be marks 6-feet apart from each other in the food trucks lines. Please stand at these marks when in line to ensure social distancing.
- After receiving your food, please exit the line promptly to allow space for the next customer and to keep the line moving.
- There will be one point of entry and one exit to the food truck area on City Island. Please see the map and follow the traffic pattern accordingly.
- If eating your food or watching the fireworks in a public place, please respect those around you by staying at least 6-feet away from others in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
- Limit Contact
- Use a credit card whenever possible.
- Condiment tables will not be available.
- No-touch trash cans will be used.
- We will not provide seating on the event grounds. Please bring your own chairs and blankets for seating if you intend to utilize the parks. You may NOT set up seating in the parking lots.
- Be Healthy and Clean
- Per the Governor’s mandate, face masks are required.
- Hand washing stations will be available. Wash your hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds each time. Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol can be used when soap and water are not available.
Shenanigator Entertainment has provided a fantastic lineup of talented local musicians. Click the graphic below to watch the performances.
- Anthony Cannon
- Casey Walton
- Grant Bryan
- Hunter Root
- Justin Angelo Band
- Olivia Farabaugh
- Sean Suttell
Enjoy a variety of family fun activities! Click the graphic below to watch the videos.
- Mickey Spain Performance
- Challenge Island’s Bubble Making Activity
- Whitaker Center for Science & the Arts Patriotic Pop Rocket
- Gamut Theatre’s COVID Sing-A-Long and Theater Basics Class
Watch the fireworks from the comfort of your home starting at 9:15pm! The City of Harrisburg will live stream the display on their Facebook page. Click the graphic below to watch.
The City of Harrisburg relies on community partners to produce the July 4th Food Trucks & Fireworks. This event will offer exposure to a diverse crowd of local residents and regional visitors alike. Please review the sponsorship packet and contact Megan Roby at 717-255-3169 or email@example.com for more information about sponsorship opportunities.
FOOD TRUCK VENDORS – Submit your application by June 10. Acceptance notices will be sent starting on June 5 so we recommend applying prior to this for best consideration on acceptance. Space is limited.