About the Program
Each adopting group assumes responsibility for an assigned park or section of a park and agrees to participate in park improvements for a one-year, renewable period. The City of Harrisburg will work with the adopting group to select a park and provide guidelines to complete work assigned.
The adopting group or participant agrees to:
- Complete Volunteer Application.
- Meet with a Parks and Recreation Representative to discuss the park project and identify the park needs.
- Be instructed on and operate in accordance with the safety requirements of the program.
- Recruit and schedule volunteers from your organization to implement the program.
- Obtain permission from the Bureau of Parks and Recreation before proceeding with any activities.
- Notify the Bureau of Parks and Recreation of any unusual or suspicious activities or conditions.
- Return all equipment, materials and supplies when the project is completed.
The City of Harrisburg will:
- Provide the adopting group with the necessary tools and materials to help with their project.
- Identify parks available to adopt and provide a list of park needs.
- Provide instruction and coordination for assigned work projects with the adopting group.
- Dispose of trash and debris from the adopted park site.
- Provide the standard sign to recognize the adopting group for their contribution and commitment.