Bureau of Licensing, Taxation
and Central Support

About Us

The Bureau of Licensing, Taxation and Central Support is responsible for the collection and administration of Business Privilege and Mercantile Taxes and Licensing, Vendor, Special Event and General Licensing, Parking Taxes and Licensing, Amusement Taxes and Licensing, Landlord Licensing, False Alarm Billing and City of Harrisburg Dog Licensing.

Our business license application packet also includes the appropriate forms for zoning approval (if your business will be based in the City), home occupation agreement and the Health license application.  If you are interested in becoming a Vendor, all of the appropriate forms/applications are contained within the Vendor packet including the permission slip.

Our applications may be downloaded from the website and mailed to our office, or you may drop the application off in person.  A check or money order is necessary to accompany a newly submitted application.

Important Documents & Links

Frequently Asked Questions

As a Non-Profit company am I required to obtain a Business Privilege/Mercantile License?

Yes. However, you may not be required to pay the mercantile tax depending on your Non-Profit status.

How do I become a Special Event Vendor?

The best option is to email [email protected] with your inquiry. Alternatively you can fill out the Vendors/Special Events License form and return it to the Bureau of Licensing, Taxation and Central Support. The packet includes appropriate forms for the Vendor License as well as the Health License.


10 N. 2nd St. Suite 305A

Harrisburg, PA 17101