Police Online Reporting
About Police Online Reporting
Disclaimer: DORS is intended for crimes that do not have a known suspect and/or do not require Officer investigation. It is intended for crimes that are not solvable, but are required to be filed with the Harrisburg Bureau of Police for informational purposes (ex. insurance claims).
Welcome to the Harrisburg Bureau of Police Citizen Police Reporting System. If this is an emergency please call 911. Using this online reporting system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a temporary copy of the report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online report filing is right for you:
- Is this an emergency?
- Did this incident occur outside of Harrisburg, PA, city limits?
- Are there known suspects?
- Did this occur on a state freeway?
- Did this incident occur more than two (2) weeks ago?
If you answered no to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered yes to any of the questions please look at our Citizen Police Reporting Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted.”
- Be given a tracking number for your report.
- Be able to print a temporary copy of the report for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizen Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Once received and approved you will be emailed a permanent incident number.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime, which will be investigated and prosecuted.
Not all incident types can be reported using this online tool. To start this process and view which types of incidents may be filed online, please click the “Create Report” button to begin.