Office of the City Controller
The Office of the Controller is an autonomous Office of City Government headed by the City Controller, an independently elected official. This office is responsible for the review and approval of all expenditures and obligations to the City.
Performing the internal audit function requires that all purchase orders, warrants, contracts and agreements be reviewed for compliance with the Third Class City Code, other state laws, City of Harrisburg administrative policies and City ordinances. The signature of the Controller is a legal requirement on all of the aforementioned documents. This office also issues monthly financial reports to the Mayor and City Council which analyze revenues and expenditures for all budgeted funds.
Monthly Report to Elected Officials
Duties of the Controller
The City Controller shall administer an encumbrance system of budget operation and shall also be responsible for a pre-audit of all claims and demands against the City prior to payment, which in all instances shall be accompanied by written requisition from the appropriate department of City office and the Department of Administration, and for such other duties as are provided by law, including but not limited to the right to examine at any time any and all bids, proposals, contracts, or other documents relating in any manner to the receipt or disbursement of funds of the City.
The City Controller shall sign all warrants for disbursement of City funds.
Intergovernmental Cooperation Authority Annual Report to the Governor and General Assembly
Review of the Office of the Treasurer
City of Harrisburg Employee Policy and Benefits
- Bill 23 of 2013 Eliminating Residency Requirement for AFSCME, Police, and Management Employees
- AFSCME Labor Contract 01/01/17 to 12/31/18
- Third Amendment to AFSCME Labor Contract
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME)
- Second Amendment to IAFF Labor Contract
- International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF)
Other Post Employment Benefits (OPEB) Actuarial Valuation Reports
- 2020 OPEB Actuarial Valuation Report
- 2019 OPEB Actuarial Valuation Report
- 2018 OPEB Actuarial Valuation Report
- 2016-2017 OPEB Actuarial Valuation Report
- 2014-2015 OPEB Actuarial Valuation Report
- 2012-2013 OPEB Transmittal Letter
- 2012-2013 OPEB Actuarial Valuation Report
- 2010-2011 OPEB Transmittal Letter
- 2010-2011 OPEB Actuarial Valuation Report
- 2008-2009 OPEB Actuarial Valuation Report
Charlie DeBrunner | City Controller
10 N. 2nd Street, Suite 403
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Deputy City Controller