311 Help Desk
City of harrisburg logo
City of harrisburg logo

Report an Issue

What is 311?

The Helpdesk ticketing system enables the 311 Team to receive & respond to non-emergency citizen service requests. It also allows citizens to generate open tickets for their respective inquiries, tracks those inquiries via email until a definitive response or remediation is submitted.

Important Documents & Links

Frequently Asked Questions

What is classified as illegal use of fireworks? How can I send an illegal fireworks report?

Report Illegal Use of Fireworks

Pennsylvania Fireworks Law

  • They cannot be ignited or discharged on a public or private property without express permission of the property owner.
  • They cannot be discharged from or within a motor vehicle or building.
  • They cannot be discharged toward a motor vehicle or building.
  • They cannot be discharged within 150 feet of an occupied structure, whether or not a person is actually present.
  • They cannot be discharged while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or another drug.


How can I pay my bill? (City Real Estate, Utilities, Parking Tickets)

Online – Please visit our Payment Portal 

Phone – Please call (888) 877-0450 to pay over the phone.

In Person – The City Treasurer is located at 10 N 2nd St. Suite 103 Harrisburg, PA 17101. Due to the ongoing pandemic, the City Treasurer is open on Wednesdays only from 8:30am – 2:30pm. No Cash

Payments may be placed in the drop box located outside the MLK Government Center to the right of the rear entrance 24 hours 7 days a week. If you would like a receipt, include a self-addressed postage paid envelope to receive the original by mail or an email address to receive it electronically.


How do I apply for a building permit?

Please visit the Bureau of Codes page to download the Building/Fire/Zoning Permit form.

How do I file a complaint against my landlord?

Please visit the Bureau of Codes page to download the Tenant/Landlord Complaint form.

How do I apply for a Business License?

Please view the Doing Business dropdown in the navigation bar to download the Business Privilege and Mercantile License Application.

What day will my trash be picked up?

Please visit Trash & Recycle page to view the Trash & Recycle Map.

Will my trash be picked up on a holiday?

Please visit the Trash & Recycle page to view the Sanitation Holiday Schedule.

How can I report a Pothole?

Please visit the Department of Public Works page or contact 311 or 717-255-3040

How do I apply for a job with the City?

Please visit the Careers pages to view current job openings and apply online.

How can I submit a Right To Know Request?

Contact Form

Please fill out the form below to report an issue. Once submitted you will receive an automatic email notification with updates to the status of your request until it is solved. 


10 N. 2nd St.

Harrisburg, PA 17101



Related Pages