Kipona: Labor Day Celebration
The greatest Labor Day celebration in Central Pennsylvania is right here on the banks of the Susquehanna River in Harrisburg! Every September we celebrate achievements of American workers and pay homage to our great city with our annual Kipona festivities.
- Free Zombie Virus Mobile Escape Room, presented by Harrisburg Escape Rooms. This one of kind mobile escape room offers a completely interactive and immersive experience with a LIVE Zombie in the room with you! Can you complete the research, cure the scientist, and disarm the bomb before it explodes? Find out if you have the courage and knowledge to save the city… and maybe the world! 15-30 minute escapes will be available for groups of 4-8 players. No advance registration required. First-come, first-serve the day of the event. (Saturday, September 1 & Sunday, September 2 ONLY)
- Free outdoor movie featuring Coco presented by the Midtown Cinema (Saturday, September 1 at 8:30pm)
- A dramatic, illuminated tightwire walk across the Susquehanna River after dark presented by Mystery Circus Arts, LLC. (Saturday, September 1 at 8:15pm)
- Join Paint & Create at Kipona to create your very own “Susquehanna Ablaze” 8×10 canvas painting on Monday, September 3. Two sessions will be available at 12pm and 2:30pm in the City Island Riverside Pavilion. Space is limited to 50 per session on a first-come, first-serve basis. No advanced registration. Painting class and all supplies are complimentary. Paint & Create will take you from blank canvas to masterpiece, brushstroke by brushstroke!
- Street parking is FREE on Sunday and Monday
- $10 special event parking in the Market Square garage courtesy of SP Plus
- $5 parking on City Island
- 4 hours of free street parking using the code LUVHBG in the ParkMobile App
The City of Harrisburg relies on community partners to produce the Kipona Festival. Sponsors receive extensive media coverage, booth spaces at the event, promotional listings on billboards and marketing materials, guest speaker opportunities and much more.
This event attracts an estimated 55,000 guests and will offer exposure to a diverse crowd of local residents and regional visitors alike. Please review the sponsorship packet and contact Megan Roby at 717-255-3169 or [email protected] for more information about sponsorship opportunities.
Food Vendors – Food vendor applications are now available. Submit your application by April 20, 2018 to save $100. The application deadline is May 20, 2018. This event attracts an estimated 55,000 attendees annually.
Product Vendors – Product vendor applications are now available. Please be specific regarding the products/services that you sell to ensure proper placement with potential competitors. Submit your application by April 20, 2018 to save $100. The application deadline is May 20, 2018. This event attracts an estimated 55,000 attendees annually.
Non-Profit Vendors – Vendor applications for non-profit companies, groups and organizations are now available. Non-profit vendors must be a 501 (c) (3). The application deadline is May 20, 2018. This event attracts an estimated 55,000 attendees annually.
Art Vendors – Art vendor applications are now available. Vendors must sell items that are handcrafted to participate in the Artist Village. Submit your application by April 20, 2018 to save $100. The application deadline is May 20, 2018. This event attracts an estimated 55,000 attendees annually.