Communities In Schools of Pennsylvania (CISPA), title sponsor Highmark Blue Shield, and valuable partners will kick-off the official launch of the Harrisburg Bike Share on Thursday, October 5th at 11 AM in Strawberry Square.
One of the largest city bike shares in the state of Pennsylvania, next to Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, the Harrisburg Bike Share will directly benefit local youth. 93% of the revenue generated by the program will support services offered by CIPSA, the Commonwealth’s largest dropout prevention organization, serving nearly 50,000 students and their families.
Following the press conference, invited guests will take part in the Harrisburg Bike Share ceremonial ribbon cutting and inaugural bike ride using Harrisburg Bike Share bicycles. The Inaugural riders will include Representative Patty Kim, Dauphin County District Attorney Ed Marsico, and other active members of our community.
- Harrisburg Bike Share
- Communities In Schools of Pennsylvania
- Highmark Blue Shield
- Dauphin County Commissioners
- Mayor of Harrisburg
Press conference to launch Harrisburg Bike Share program. Ribbon cutting ceremony and inaugural bike ride to follow.
October 5, 2017, 11:00 am- 11:45 am
- Press Conference: Strawberry Square, Clock Tower; 320 Market St. Harrisburg, PA 17101
- Ribbon Cutting: Strawberry Square, outside Walnut Street entrance
- Inaugural Ride: Strawberry Square, Walnut Street entrance, down 3rd Street to the main Capitol steps