FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Melissa Mesones-Ortiz, Deputy Director of Communications
February 16, 2023
HARRISBURG – Starting on April 1, the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) will return to standard renewal processing procedures for Pennsylvanians enrolled in Medical Assistance and CHIP. Recipients will receive a renewal packet in the mail when it is time to renew their coverage, and information about their renewal will arrive 90 days before it is due.
It is essential that renewal forms are completed and returned, even if everything has stayed the same.
Completing a renewal will help DHS determine eligibility for MA or CHIP coverage. Coverage will continue for recipients who are still eligible.
There are a few ways for you to complete a renewal:
• Complete the forms DHS sends and mail them back in the envelope included in the packet.
• Drop completed forms off at the local county assistance office (CAO).
• Complete the renewal online at dhs.pa.gov/COMPASS.
• Complete the renewal over the phone by calling 1-866-550-4355.
Additionally, recipients can sign up for texts and emails about important benefit information. With your help, we can ensure that recipients are adequately informed regarding changes to their eligibility and benefits.
You will find the documents listed below included in the toolkit.
- Unwinding Flier – Medicaid recipient-facing
- Unwinding Postcard – Medicaid recipient-facing
- Unwinding Provider One-Pager – Provider-facing
- DHS Benefit Updates Flier (English & Spanish) – Medicaid recipient-facing
*Scan the code below with the camera on your mobile device to access the COMPASS website at dhs.pa.gov/COMPASS